In trying to find holiday accommodation, are you sometimes confused by exactly what ‘family friendly’ features are on offer?
I developed familyfriendlyaccommodation.com.au to try and remove some of that confusion. But I will not tell you to just rely on my website – you should use the wide range of tools that are available to help make an informed decision.
Here are some tips to help you find the right accommodation and get the best deal:
- Use familyfriendlyaccommodation.com.au as a starting point to research accommodation. Each listing has a link to the property’s own website. Have a look to find out more about what they offer.
- Ring and speak directly to the property you are interested in for more information on what they have on offer. Sometimes booking websites will put a family in a more expensive 2-bedroom offer when a cheaper quad room might be available.
- If you are looking at more mainstream accommodation, such as a well-known hotel chain or resort, use hotelscombined. This website compares a range of accommodation booking websites so you can find the best current offers.
- Use the popular review website, tripadvisor to check out reviews on the property you are looking at. Remember to look for a general theme, rather than not stay somewhere based on one or two bad comments.
- If you are looking for properties for larger families, privately owned holiday homes and apartments might be a better option. For properties in Australia, try Stayz or Ownersdirect for the UK and Europe. Another great website for online independent rentals is roomorama.
- If you are using a travel agent, consider using one that caters exclusively for families, such as byokids or pluskids travel.
- If you are travelling in Australia, ring the local tourist information centre. They will be able to provide invaluable local information. Contact details can be found on state-based tourism websites.
- If your holiday involves flying, shop around. Don’t forget airlines own websites, which may have special deals going. Another great website is flightfox.com, where registered flight experts compete to find you the cheapest flights.
Remember by putting in a bit of time and cross-referencing your choices, chances are you will save money and end up having a fantastic holiday.
Do you have tips you to share?